Is your car ready for the harsh winter weather ahead? Here are simple steps which can save you on cost and a lot of headaches for an emergency breakdown later.
Taking your car to a professional service technician such as Bosch Auto Service NDM in is the easiest and safest way to ensure that your vehicle is in top operating condition. Let us thoroughly check your car and inform you of any mechanical or safety issues.
However, if you would like to do it yourself, we would like to recommend the following proactive steps to make sure your car is ready for winter driving.
1. Care for your car battery – It is very important to always make sure that the battery connections are clean, tight and corrosion-free especially during the cold weather. It is always wise to check the charging system, since batteries don’t always give warning signs before it breakdown or fail. We advise that you replace your car batteries every three years.
2. Check the heat, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system of your car – For safety and for your comfort, it’s very critical that your car’s interior heating and cooling are functioning very well.Make sure that defrosters are working properly. Air filters clean the air coming inside the car and it helps trap pollen, bacteria, dust and gas exhaust. It is best to replace the air filter every 12,000 to 15,000 miles, and the best time to do this is before winter sets in to avoid these trapped contaminants to become so concentrated which can be very harmful when breathe in by passengers. Wiper blades should be replaced every six months; also check the fluid level in the windshield washer reservoir.
3. Always check the tire pressure and tread depth of your car -Uneven wear indicates that your car would also need wheel alignment. Regular check-up for bulges and bald spots in your car tires is advisable. During the winter season, you might also consider special tires designed to grip for slick roads especially when there is snow or ice on the road. Remember that when temperatures drop, tires lose pressure and so it is best to check tire pressure weekly.
4. Another most important thing to check is your car’s brake system – Check brake linings, rotors and drums for safety especially during the winter season when you are driving in the winter months when the roads are covered with snow and ice.
A proactive approach for a preventive maintenance will help you ensure safety, reliability and less unexpected repairs especially in the coming winter months. Here at Bosch Auto Service NDM, we are happy to help you take better care of your vehicle throughout the year. We offer you our personalized service that will help you drive smart, save money and make informed decisions. In our campaign to promote the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair; we are offering our valued customers to bring your vehicles and avail an Obligation-Free Checkup where you can discuss with us any concerns which you may have.
Well, that is quite simple really!
What should you do now?
- If you want to have a great driving car, take care of it.
- Always check on brakes.
- Want some help or ideas? Just contact us at Bosch Auto Service NDM now.
Environmentally friendly cars will soon cease to be an option … they will become a necessity.
~ FUJIO CHO