Every time you take your car to Exhaust and Mechanical in we assure you that you only get no less than an quality service from our highly experienced mechanics and you can be sure that every investment you spend with us is the best decision you made. We put pride on our commitment to quality workmanship, competitive prices with the highest quality products, peace of mind warranty and outstanding personal service for our customers.
As part of that service, we would like to share with you helpful car-care tips:
- Preserve your engine’s power. Every engine has different needs and getting regular tune-ups improves your car’s fuel system performance, lowers dangerous emissions and restores lost power to your vehicle. We advise that it is best to have your car engine wash at least once every year. A clean engine will enable you to easily spot any leaks or see clearly which components needs servicing before the problem gets worst. An engine that is clean runs cooler than a dirty one.
- Spark plug gives power to move your vehicle and needs to be in good condition; replace misfiring spark plug to revitalize your engine and to avoid as much as 30 percent reduction of your fuel efficiency.
- In order for your vehicle’s engine run properly, make sure that the fuel injectors and the fuel intake system is cleaned regularly. Dirt and other deposits which clogged the fuel injectors over time can restrict the right amount of fuel that needs to be delivered to the engine; resulting to deterioration in performance of your car’s engine.
- Using the right motor oil grade can improve your car’s gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent. Remember to choose a motor oil that contains friction-reducing additives, or motor oil with a label that reads “energy conserving” on its API performance. Regular oil change can also flush abrasive dirt and metal particles out of the engine, prolonging your engine’s life.
- Another factor that can help get you better engine performance and best gas mileage is to change the oil filters regularly to avoid any build-up of old oil and dirt particles from mixing with the new clean oil.
- Make sure to also have clean air filters; this can improve your gas mileage by 10 percent. It is best to replace air filters every three months.
- We suggest that unless your car requires premium gasoline, fill-up your car with the lowest grade or octane of gasoline which is suitable for your car. Keep in mind, an expensive premium fuel won’t boost your car’s performance or its fuel economy – so, why spend for a high-octane fuel?
- Don’t top off your gas tank when filling for gas; any excess will just seep out of the tank and you will just end up paying for gas which your car won’t be able to use anyway. Make sure to always tighten up the gas cap and check if the cap is damaged each time you fuel up your car; or else gas will only escape and evaporate.
We hope that these tips will help guide you on the proper way to care and maintain for your vehicle. We still recommend that you bring your vehicle in for an Obligation-Free Checkup and to discuss with us any concerns that you may have. Well, that is quite simple really!
What should you do now?
- Saving on gas these days is a big help.
- Make no mistake: at Bosch Auto Service NDM, we’re here to ensure your vehicle’s performance and value live on.
- Want some help or ideas? Just contact us at Exhausts and Mechanical Labrador & Biggera Waters, QLD now.
Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.
~ ERMA BOMBECK